How to do I use my crystals?
So you have purchased some crystals or a kit that includes crystals. Now what?
This part is relatively easy actually. Each crystal has properties in which it can help you. On our website, these properties are listed on the sales page for that particular crystal. So if you have purchased a crystal from us, that is where you will find more information about your particular piece. (We do this to minimize the amount of paperwork we put out into the world. So the information about the crystal is digital on our website.)
To begin to use your crystals, most of it comes down to being open to them and meditation. Let me explain.
When you have a crystal that you purchased to use for a specific purpose, you will need to make sure to follow the steps below:
- Smudge your crystal. Use sage, Palo Santo, etc. to remove any previous energies from the crystal. We smudge our crystals before they leave our hands but it is always helpful for you to smudge them yourself to remove anything it may have picked up along its way to you and so you can connect with the crystal. To smudge your crystal, you simply waft the smudging smoke over it. You can also add something like, "I am smudging this crystal so it can serve its purpose and to remove any energies that do not serve me."
- After smudging, it is up to you what you do with it exactly. You can wear it, carry it with you, place it on your alter/special place in your home, use them on a crystal grid for manifesting, have it next to your bed while you sleep, or use it during your meditations. Personally, I choose to do all of those things. If I am working on a certain chakra or aspect of my life, I will carry or wear that particular crystal with me to absorb the energy. I will take that same crystal and sleep with it next to my bed and meditate with it. I have crystals that I do not work with every day and those are on my altar so I can still have quick access and they are beautifully displayed.
- Out of all of these, meditating with your crystals is probably one of the most powerful. Your mind is a magical thing and sending out your intention with the assistance of the crystal is a good way to attempt to bring forth the energy of the piece to help you along your spiritual journey. Simply holding the crystal or placing it in front of you while meditating is all it takes. While you are sitting quietly in your thoughts, feel the crystal. Physically and mentally. State your intentions and what you would like to see manifest in your life. If you are new to mediating, I have written a blog about how to meditate located HERE.
- When you are done meditating, you may smudge your crystal again to keep it "clean" or you can place it someone special until next time.
- Another step you may choose to do is to place your crystals under the full moon or new moon. This will charge them so they can be fresh and ready for another month of helping you. More information on that HERE.
Please keep in mind:
- Using crystals is not a magic trick that suddenly makes everything alright overnight. It takes time and energy to properly use your crystals and to manifest the life you want.
- Everyone's spiritual journey is different. Some take a while, some happen sooner. Keeping an open mind will certainly help things a long.
- The crystal healing information is for guidance only. It is not intended as a substitute for medical advice by a professional.
- Our crystals are natural, never synthetic and may include internal fractures or other small imperfections. This does not affect the properties or magic of the crystal. Think of it as giving the crystal personality. Each is original.
We hope this has been helpful and you are able to now use your new crystals unlocking their full potential.
For more information on your particular crystal, please type the name of it in our search bar or go to the crystal collection page HERE.
We also have a blog about how to create your own alter HERE